At The VA Hub, we understand that employee training and development programs, when thoughtfully implemented, are the cornerstone of a company’s success. We believe that clear understanding of policies, job functions and goals can lead to increased motivation, morale and productivity for employees. Having an effective training program provides multiple benefits for our employees and our company. Here are the key steps that we took to develop ours.
We Determined the Needs and Goals of our Clients
- We determined the needs and goals of the clients that we will be working with. By identifying areas where training would prove beneficial.
- We defined short- and long-term goals of our company and our client’s business to identify possible training to meet those goals.
- Our devoted and talented Training Team built individual training modules based on defined needs and goals.
We Classified Employees and Planned Which Trainings they will Receive
- We planned our training by identifying individuals or groups that are likely to benefit from them. Some training modules, such as company policies and regulations, and time management for instance, were given to all employees. Skill-based trainings are given to onboarding VAs with matching skillsets.
- We created a database with each VA’s personal data and information from the training sessions they received. Our trainers update this as training takes place. This database is a useful and necessary tool for tracking purposes.
- We plan a regular training schedule within a specified time-frame to keep our VA pool ready at all times. Getting all VAs trained takes time, so we strategize our trainings ahead to avoid undue work disruptions.
- On top of our regular 8-day training schedules, we implement additional training modules in the order of importance. If marketing or time management are major issues, roll out those up-training sessions right away.
- We make sure that our trainers are well-equipped with knowledge, are motivated and passionate. Their interaction with onboarding VAs is a major factor in training effectiveness.
- We use online tools to effectively teach VAs. Slide-shows, videos, and live-demos in addition to module handouts. Quizzes, Q&A sessions, games or role-playing are sometimes incorporated to keep participants involved.
- We ask our VAs to send us feedback to rate the training and collect comments and opinions as to the training session’s perceived effectiveness on a daily basis. We understand that the most effective training modules and programs are those improved or altered when needed, and participant feedback must be taken seriously to grow the program and gauge its impact.
Here are the main topics that we incorporate in our training calendar:
- Attendance policy
- English Proficiency
- American vs Filipino Culture
- What is a virtual assistant
- Business Email and Phone Etiquette
- Project Management and CRM tools
- Lead management and lead management tools
- Real Estate (Tools, sales, offers, transaction coordination, home buying process, prospecting, etc.)
Here are training activities that we integrate in our training modules:
- Assessment role play (prospecting, objection handling, mock client interviews)
We believe that we need to adopt a learning and development culture to drive everyone to seek personal and professional advancement. New hires are prime candidates for training during their first days on the job. To learn more about our training programs and if they fit your business needs,
Call us now at 1-888-923-9323
Email us at email@example.com