Basic Tips for Building a Win-Win Relationship with Your Virtual Assistant
Many business owners are jumping on the newest craze of outsourcing. But not all virtual assistants are built the same. Once you find a virtual assistant (VA), you need to do something with them! Determine which tasks you want your virtual assistant to do first. I thought it would be a good starting point to understand what you can outsource. My goal is to make sure you feel empowered and excited about your next steps.
Today I’m sharing with you the simplest ways to make the best of your new virtual assistants.
- Set your ground rules from the beginning as soon as you outsource your workload. Make a list of the jobs and tasks you’d like your virtual assistant to complete.
- Make sure your VA is aware of your priorities; they can accomplish tasks in the most effective manner possible. This requires you to be precise on how you expect them to perform.
- Although virtual assistants are highly skilled professionals, it is still worth investing time in training your new assistants in the specifics of your business and how it operates.
- Use internet platforms and tools to keep tabs on your virtual assistant and connect with them. Regular and effective communication helps cultivate a harmonious work environment.
- Make it a habit to provide positive feedback whenever your VA does something commendable, as this will motivate them to always give their best efforts.
“You can do anything, but not everything.”
– DAVID ALLEN
Several factors determine the Virtual Assistants’ rates; the amount of experience they have, the number of tasks you intend to outsource, as well as the budget you have set aside. Hiring a virtual assistant is equivalent to the experience of finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. You wanted it, and now you have it! Before you go out and fire up the confetti and balloons to celebrate your new hire, sit down and plan your interview process first. No matter how skilled they claim to be, no one knows your specific situation better than you do.